Welcome to King's Country !
Let’s look at some of features and amenities of King’s Country that make it a beautiful and special place...
• Location, Location, Location. Centrally located on beautiful Lake Cypress Spring, about equal distance from the cities of Mount Vernon and Winnsboro. King’s Country is a premier gated community, one of about 18 developments around Lake Cypress Springs.
• King’s country is governed and controlled by the property owners. This is accomplished through the Property Owners Association and their Board of Directors. The principle purpose of the Board of Directors is to uphold the standards of the subdivision and oversee the maintenance of the common areas .The Board meets monthly, on the third Saturday of each month, in open meeting to discuss and vote on various issues of importance to the property owners. The Board is made up of 7 property owners who are elected at the annual meeting. A copy of the covenants and bylaws governing the subdivision can be found on this website.
Let’s look at some of the Amenities of King’s Country
• Full time Property Manager plus Office and Maintenance staff
• Tennis Courts with basketball goals
• Children’s playground
• Fishing Pier
• Hard surfaced boat ramp
• Covered Boat dock and storage
• Several park areas
• Club house with meeting facilities available for reunions, club meeting, parties, and etc.
• Lending Library in the clubhouse with books, videos, and audio tapes.
• Fitness center available 5am to 11pm except when in use for organized meetings
Planned activities include:
• A “pot luck dinner’ six times a year on the third Saturday evening of each odd numbered month.
• Different types of exercise classes that meet several times each week at the clubhouse.
• Newsletter sent to all property owners multiple times each year.
• Web site available at www.kingscountry.org
• All board meetings are open to the public. On the third Saturday in May of each year the annual board of directors meeting is held to elect new board members, to vote on any critical issues as determined by the by-laws and/or covenants and to hear a yearly update from board members on committee activities.
• Various “work” groups to do mailings, gardening, light maintenance and construction plus numerous committees of the Board for such responsibilities as road management, land management, architectural control, finance, public relations, volunteer recruiting, communications and others.